Displacement


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Although the weather wasn't cooperating this weekend (it was, again, quite hot here :(), I've been able to do some work on Gentex. I've added a new node, a Displacement node. You can see an example texture using only subplasmas, displacement nodes and mixers here on the right. This new node is quite useful for creating organic-looking textures.

I think I won't do any more work on Gentex for a short while now, since I'm going to focus a bit more on the rest of Nerve. Things as the export plugin and the custom gentex shader for Maya still need a lot of work. They're hardly usable atm. The first point of attention is getting these Gentex generated-textures visible and usable in Maya.

Ohw, and I've also added a new release of GentexEditor to the downloads page. Together with a new example material (the one from the image above).


2 Comments for “Displacement”

  1. Anonymous Anonymous 

    You'd almost say that the ground in that hot picture you posted uses a texture generated with your displacement node;)

    Looks kewl btw.

  2. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Thanx. I had to google quite a while before I found this cool image that looks like it was autogenerated using my Displacement nodes ;)

Add a comment


About me

Project overview

Search


Previous posts

Archives

Partners in crime

Links


ATOM 0.3

Powered by Blogger